Wednesday 14 February 2007

dear reader, it is v-day – call for contributions…

because this day has been increasingly hijacked by capitalism’s most awful spawn that is kitsch-gear (can’t buy me lööööööhoove), I have decided (beggars can’t be choosers I already hear you bunch of cynics snigger, but I can assure you, the pleasure is all mine) to help balance this phenomenon out by insisting on the creative side of friendship, love and social relationships. Instead of seriously encouraging people to buy each other silly ready-made presents, I want to see you lovebirds collaborate to create beautiful things to be exhibited here, practising thus what anthropologists always preach by making this blog collaborative: you name it, less of me, and more of you! this way you readers are not delegated to the comments section, but to the main stage, not just because it is v-day, but as a general experiment too... of course, those among you who are generally (or momentarily) classified in the category of lovebirds are of course by no means excluded from this project.
everybody must love something or someone in some way at least some of the time. you get the idea. all things lovely, beautiful or funny in the largest possible sense of the terms are acceptable, preferably in languages I understand (yeah I include romanian here, although it sounds a bit like a half-truth…), obviously in media compatible with the support, but I would love to see collages, pictures, half-built snowmen, culinary triumphs, texts (including the most obscure poetry), love letters and musical bits and pieces. the question I have in mind are as follows: what is it you really like or love (semi-permanently, momentarily, foreverandever) in this world? describe and elaborate.
please include instructions, dedications and so forth. so click-start those photoshops, corel draws and open offices and get cracking. first one to come up with something gets… to be first and is assured eternal glory, all the luck in love and recreation, and at least a brazillion dollars in their neighbours’ car boot. yeah! cause I say so (and of course I decline any responsibilities for anything, being a mere editor around this space)… mailing address included here on the page, ‘abuut’ section. over and out. yours truly, love-shell.
p.s. this i found rather nice, though too much e e cummings....

2 comments:

Citizen L. said...

Here is a ha-ha-haiku for Katili-hi-hi!


Breaking the silence
With a happy few keystrokes
A love poem, right?



(I hereby take possession of the first submitter's prize: i.e. for the material part of it, I shall take a crowbar to my neighbour's car's trunk first thing when I get home tonight, hooray!)

Aaron Manton said...

I've been mulling this request over for a few days now, and am sad to report that I'm at a loss for things I truly love beyond the normal human loves - family, friends and the like. Perhaps what I can say I love is that this realisation hurts as badly as I feel it should, and is an impetus for my seeking a more meaningful existence. I'll be damned if I know how I'll achieve this goal, but it's out there. Reject this thought if it's too depressing.