Thursday 8 February 2007

oglinzi pe zapada









When have you last taken a train that made your ears pop because of the altitude difference? When have you last been on a train that ran along crooked rails and made a melodic sound that would have kept you awake all night if it had been a night train? I crossed the Carpathians yesterday with CFR. Cluj Bucharest in eight hours of beauty (and rattling). Here then some snowy impressions leaning more to the side of perpetuation of the legend of beautiful, timeless Transilvania. A lot of my pictures turned out badly because of the dirtiness of the train windows… After all this snowy, windy minus-degree Transilvania, Bucharest today invited T-Shirts and ice-cream for those fond of them: 18 degrees of sunniness. I decided I do not mind getting that cold that has been announcing itself if I can sit in the park, even just for a moment, without my jacket, scarf and hat. I feel like getting a more or less permanent home again, after that week on the road. Ridiculous? You try fieldwork. You look. We talk again.

1 comment:

Ditte and Seb said...

It looks so beautiful there. Oh a bit of snow would be wonderful! And I can only begin to imagine how exhausted you must be! Courage!