Tuesday 14 August 2007

Ahr yeh? (Scottish transcription)


Discovered one evening in Bucharest, as we were hanging out at Cartaresti (possibly the best bookshop in Romania’s beautiful capital), waiting for our reservation time at the restaurant to come around, this really became the question of the day. I did not find out for certain what the firm was trying to advertise, but I suspect it is all about… clothes. Three things I hope you will think about, even for just a minute, after you have laughed heartily at the funny woman and this (very modern, I admit and I am yellow of envy) T-shirt that is showing the shoes she may own (or covet?). What kind of expression is that supposed to be on her face? Can modernity be summoned, desired, beckoned, arrived at, or is the question of an altogether different order? How would you answer the question? Do you consider yourself ready? (photo: k ruskola)

No comments: