Sunday 5 August 2007

soft symmetry secure love

“try to catch the deluge in a paper cup” (crowded house)

the rains have come back and it smells like winter mid-august the summer ended
we have been walking in the dirt and your presence evened my frustration
romania is complicated every sentence requires too much application excavation
I think of scotland my lack of concentration is apparent in every skin cell
why scotland it is not that which I left – a mere figure in a set cast of cowardice
the returning question of why love-labours wax and wane
when I truly long for them to remain how can I align my desires with my past
I wish I could still believe human lives were made of permanence and stability
I drift tepid gazing faraway where does my work end and life begin
thoughts of other times and place weighing on this room this belly
lingering by my side you feel me as though you had known me all your life
you ask why I am not present
I want to be there fail and am nowhere with all my heart

No comments: