Thursday 19 April 2007

Mitschmatsch

I'm in Bucharest and I have the luxury of internet access. Attentive followers of this blog may have realised that it is not updated in real time. I write stuff in my offline-village in the Carpathians and post it in bulk whenever I get the chance to be wired.
So among the trivialities that captured my attention were:
The president of Romania has been suspended and will take his hat. There was a big pro-Basescu demonstration on University Square. The question that crossed my mind was: what is this going to change? Democracy works in great ways here (and elsewhere). This did not make the news much in the Anglophone world, and in France, I guess, it got blanked out by election craze. To me it appears like just another scene in a political play with lots of acts and revirements and bilete and interestedness and messiness. All for the good of the people of course.
I found the architectural imgatination displayed by the 3D graphist artists here exceptionally beautiful. If I could go through a career training again, it would be IT and graphic design programming. No kidding.
The self-proclaimed salvator of Romania, Gigi Becali, has a TV station now, airing 'religious ceremonies and Steaua trainings'. This is exactly what the world needed. From Cotidianul more.
Today's Wortchen features the linguistically elegant title of ' Vier Tage lang den Geist der Bücher aufsaugen'. Is this how you motivate people to read or attend festivals? I am unsure about the strategy...
Aberdeen has a summer archaeology school and I wish I was not on fieldwork...
Still up for primitive humour:

So go and give them love, you're spending too much time with the computer anyway!

No comments: